“Sync Project from VCS” is not removing procedure from namespace

I have done the following steps:

1. Create a VANTIQ project in namespaceA, export it by “Sync Project to VCS”
  2. Then import it into namespaceB by “Sync Project from VCS”.
  3. Delete a procedure in the project in namespaceB, then export it by “Sync Project to VCS”
  4. Import it into namespaceA by “Sync Project from VCS”.

When I checked the details, I found the following in Step 4:

• The procedure is excluded from the project.
  • The procedure will remain in namespaceA.

Why is the procedure not deleted from namespaceA?

Posted: August 11, 2020 at 3:32 pm
Replies: 1
Aug 11, 2020
Posted by Ken

VANTIQ’s Best Practice recommendation is to put each project into a separate namespace. However, VANTIQ allows a namespace to have multiple projects. You can create resources in the namespace and then include (or exclude) them from a project.

Hence, removing the procedure from the project does NOT remove it from the namespace. It removes it from the project.

When you Sync the Project you are not syncing the entire namespace – just a project.

There are multiple actions that you can perform on a resource. For example, in the Project Resource Graph you can right-click on a procedure and you have several options:

• Remove From Project
  • Remove from Project and Delete
  • Duplicate

If I just remove the procedure from the project then the procedure will remain in the Namespace but not in the project.  Or, you can remove it from the project and the namespace.

You have similar options in several places. Another place you see it is when you search for resources and then try to delete the procedure. You will get this warning:

Confirm
Are you sure you want to delete the Procedure named procedureX? Please note that deleting resources will remove the resources from the namespace and they cannot be recovered.

Depending upon how you are deleting the procedure, VANTIQ may not remove it from the namespace – only the project.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Vantiq 2024 All rights reserved  •  Vantiq Corporation’s Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy