VANTIQ Community Guidelines
- Be professional and polite. Be respectful, courteous and keep communications professional. The VANTIQ Community is global and open on a variety of topics. We encourage you to participate in the Community in a polite, constructive and positive manner. We will remove any post or reply that includes derogatory, abusive, offensive, obscene, violent or inappropriate content.
- Respect the privacy of others. Content is public to other members and therefore do not post confidential or sensitive information in posts or comments. Represent your corporate brand by adhering to what you are permitted to share. Posts containing another user’s private information including but not limited to postal address, e mail address, phone numbers, or other contact information will be removed immediately. Additionally, you should avoid posting customer data examples, or application credentials.
- Do not solicit business or use the Community to market your company’s services or products. Spam, promotions, marketing links or links to content that requires subscription fees to read is not allowed. Refrain from advertising your services, wares, and job postings, and linking to your external website in discussions, ideas, articles, and blogs. However, you are encouraged to use your Profile for this purpose.
- Share expertise with others and be open about your knowledge. VANTIQ Community is all about collectively sharing knowledge and resources. If you know a solution to a question that’s been asked, respond to the post.
- Be relevant in your posts and replies based on the subject of the discussion. Leverage the Community search features before posting and when responding to others do so constructively and avoid hijacking a post for a different question.
- Be accountable for your posts and your authenticity on Community. Though we encourage sharing expertise, using Community as a source for plagiarism or cheating is not tolerated. Help maintain our and your reputation and only submit content that is your own. Be respectful of intellectual property rights and provide proper attribution when necessary.
- Provide feedback correctly by using the appropriate channel. VANTIQ Community discussions are meant for collaborative conversations but is not an official support channel. For escalations to VANTIQ Technical Support, contact [email protected]. For Community feedback or to report rule violations, moderate the content or email [email protected]
Messages may be edited, deleted, or moved to more applicable discussion areas. Community Members may be banned or removed from the community at the discretion of VANTIQ Community.
While we do not censor members’ thoughts, a post that is deemed not acceptable may be edited or removed without notice. Examples of such posts include:
- “Rants”, “slams”, or legal threats against VANTIQ or another company or competitor.
- Threatening, defamatory, or abusive posts, either between forum members or directed towards a moderator, employee, or management.
- Off-topic comments which are unrelated to a thread regarding a VANTIQ product or related support issue.
- Spam messages or posts repeated in various threads and spaces with little or no reference to relevant topic.
- Language that promotes illegal activity or discusses illegal activities with the intent to commit them.
- Vulgar, obscene, or indecent language, information, or images.
- Bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, or religious comments.
- Unauthorized name dropping or private phone numbers and addresses (to protect privacy).
- Unauthorized copyrighted material or plagiarized content.
- Advertisements or posts that contain any form of commercial solicitation.
- Impersonation of another person or affiliation with an entity, including VANTIQ.
- The dissemination of malware or other destructive material.